Tandem believes that the key to the commercial success of any project is not only the ability to manage cost but also the ability to understand the drivers of the project. TANDEM’s Project Controls (PC) services are in the unique position of being a part of a large multi-disciplinary environment which leads to a greater understanding of the processes which drive the successful delivery of projects and which in turn delivers optimum value for the client.
The Tandem PC team provide specialised expertise across project life cycles to reduce client risk, improve the value and deliver positive outcomes in all sectors of the built environment.
Our Project Controls services involve;
- Implement controlled processes and practices for the creation, review, modification, issuance, distribution, and accessibility of documents.
- Scheduling each phase of a project from Concept, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning through to Qualification and Validation.
- Provision of a detailed construction schedule and progress S-curves to monitor contractor progress and take appropriate actions to ensure critical activities are being executed as per schedule.
- Identifying Critical Paths for a project.
- Develop micro-schedules for complex areas of work where detailed coordination is required.
- Assess contractor claims for delays and provide advice when assessing claims for Extension of Time and costs for delays.
- Helping to establish project viability and a robust baseline.
- Value Engineering.
- Life Cycle Costing.
- Estimating and cost planning to proactively manage the project budget.
- Optimising cost performance from inception to completion.
- Generating and managing cost reports through the project life cycle.
- Evaluation and measurement of the contractor’s claims.
- Identifying the most appropriate procurement and contracting strategies to minimise risk to time, cost and quality.
- Preparation of contractual documentation.
- Tendering / Bid Management.
- Ensuring all parties are familiar with their contractual obligations and remain compliant at all times.
- Ensuring information is communicated in a timely manner to ensure the smooth progression of the contract.
- Implement change management procedures that facilitate well-informed decisions and ensure effective financial management.
- Assessment and agreement of contractual claims
- Identification of potential schedule and cost associated risks.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Proactively identifying and resolving problems between parties.