The Tandem Project Controls team provides specialised expertise across project life cycles to reduce client risk, improve value and deliver positive outcomes in all sectors of the built environment.
Our Project Controls services involve;
- Helping to establish project viability and a robust baseline.
- Value Management
- Value Engineering.
- Life Cycle Costing.
- Estimating and cost planning to proactively manage the project budget.
- Optimising cost performance from inception to completion.
- Generating and managing cost reports through the project life cycle.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Scheduling each phase of a projects from Concept, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning through to Qualification, Validation and Operational Readiness.
- Man-loaded schedule and S-Curves with weekly earned versus actual progress reporting.
- Critical Path analysis.
- Progress updates with remote stakeholders.
- Identification of slippage and recovery plans.
- Develop micro-schedules for complex areas of work where detailed coordination is required.
- Portfolio scheduling for PMOs.
- Preparation of tender packages for trade contractors and equipment vendors.
- Tender walkdowns.
- Bid clarification meetings.
- Commercial and Technical Bid Analysis.
- Tender reports recommendation for award.
- Final negotiations.
- Vendor management and expediting.
- Identifying the most appropriate procurement and contracting strategies to minimise risk to time, cost and quality.
- Preparation of contractual documentation.
- Ensuring all parties are familiar with their contractual obligations and remain compliant at all times.
- Ensuring information is communicated in a timely manner to ensure the smooth progression of the contract.
- Implement change management procedures that facilitate well informed decisions and ensure effective financial management.
- Certification of monthly valuations.
- Assessment and agreement of contractual claims.
- Assess contractor claims for delays and provide advice when assessing claims for Extension of Time and costs for delays.
- Identification of potential project risks.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintaining a Risk Register and regular updating the mitigation status with stakeholders.
- Implement controlled processes and practices for the creation, review, modification, issuance, distribution and accessibility of documents.