Our client is a multi national pharmaceutical company based in Cork, looking for a Utilities & Facilities Engineer to take leadership of Utilities & Facilities process and improvement projects including capital projects. The successful candidate will have responsibility for utilities and implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including Water For Injection (WFI) generation and distribution, Pure steam generation, compressed air, HVAC, and other utilities & facilities systems for the Cork site.
- Manage Utilities & Facilities projects on site and ensure that these activities comply with laws and regulations of local authorities, regulatory bodies, and our client’s Corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for the site remaining compliant with all relevant and up to date Utilities/Facilities policies and standards.
- Site Energy team member to ensure site energy team is managed effectively to meet energy saving targets.
- Responsible for having necessary engineering skills and resources available to maximise operational equipment uptime.
- Complete all relevant validation documentation, URS, FDS, IQ, OQ etc.
- Ensure seamless handover as per site policies to the assigned end user.
- The coordination of all Utilities & Facilities contractors.
- Ensure that projects are managed in a cost effective and timely manner throughout all project phases from concept to handover to the end user.
- Manage the commercial & procurement requirements of the project.
- Ensure that project schedules are managed closely and work to mitigate risks with continued support from the sites project steering committee.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Some engineering experience in a pharmaceutical, process or regulated industry.
- Must be a detail-oriented and team-focused person with good project management and coordination skills.
- A strong working knowledge of Utilities/Facilities equipment & systems.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of documentation, standards, and guidelines.
- Flexibility to adjust working days to take account of shift patterns etc.
- People management experience and budget management experience an advantage.
- A good working knowledge of lean methodology.
- A strategic mindset and proven ability to plan for the future.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.