Our client is a bio pharmaceutical company based in East Cork, looking for a Utilities Engineer who will provide exceptional leadership, guidance, within the Utility, Engineering and Facility teams to ensure operations is in compliance with all safety, quality, sustainability initiatives, directives and overall operation and maintenance strategies while optimising cost and delivering results. The scope covers “end to end” Utility\Engineering operations and maintenance at the Cork Manufacturing Facility and it relates to the management of all Utility activities.
- Provide visible personal safety and environmental leadership.
- Take an active role in the implementation of EH&S programs, policies and procedures.
- Measure performance through audit and tracking KPI’s.
- Provide leadership into the Root Cause Analysis of any incidents.
- Ensure effective corrective actions are identified and follow through that they are addressed at all locations within the site.
- Ensure 100% compliance to all safety and environmental regulatory and compliance related issues.
- Lead crisis management and provide immediate leadership to assist with the control of the crisis and its recovery to normal operations once a crisis is contained.
- Ensure consistent and integrated approach to the operation and maintenance of the plant through effective planning, excellent communication and sharing of information and processes, development of contingency plans and follow through on effective execution of plans.
- Oversee utility personnel and equipment availability, collaborating with staff to identify operating deficiencies and coordinate field support to develop and implement effective operating plans.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting using key performance indicators (e.g., operating statistics, staffing costs and other operating expenses) and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure prompt attention to and resolution of issues when required.
- Own and lead day to day utility activities drive plant maintenance improvements (process, system utilization, execution and quality) and advance preventative maintenance and reliability programs while ensuring pm schedule compliance.
- Communicate, implement, and maintain “best practices” and procedures to drive the definition and utilization of common KPIs to measure operating performance and improve effectiveness.
- Teach and mentor less experienced operations personnel, being responsive to requests for help and explanations of operations and technical risk.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to Operations and Maintenance.
- Communicate strategic objectives, leading resource allocation and execute on strategic plans.
- Own and lead Operational Excellence/Discipline efforts creating a high-performance culture.
- Compile monthly Environmental Monitoring System alarm report for QA review.
- Serve as an active participant in the planning, development, and implementation of utility and system design.
- Maintain an understanding of the technology, the business, and the competition.
- Identify recurring issues and define overall requirements for obtaining necessary plant data, recommend and implement action plans.
- Supporting Engineering and Project teams in the resolution of technical operational problems including new system start up.
- Identify opportunities to leverage new technologies to drive process focused performance.
- Oversee and coordinate site support to ensure successful integration, promoting effective budget management and organic growth initiatives.
- Oversee and coordinate site support to ensure effective operating plans.
- Plans should include supporting business processes, operating Engineering budgets, and other financial processes.
- Support assessment of asset performance, analyse and document deviations to ensure lessons are captured and used to keep our policies and programs are current, and are reflective of actual field performance.
- Serve as a champion for the Continuous Improvement / 7S program.
- Be an active leader in the CI Project Prioritization Process.
- Identify process improvements as prioritised to business needs and external benchmarks, attacking and resolving root causes of problems and inconsistencies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering discipline preferably Mechanical or Building Services.
- 8 years’ experience in a similar role in the pharma industry.
- GMP manufacturing an advantage.
- Project Management skills.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Have ability to work in a team and on own their Initiative.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.