Our client is looking for a Turnover/Pre-Commissioning Engineer to work closely with Consultants, the Client Contractors, and their subcontractors to ensure safe and successful project delivery by overseeing their delivery approach, management, and deliverables during execution (construction/ installation). Ensure compliance with all local requirements and national legislation during execution and commissioning. The scope of the role covers all aspects of coordinating turnover and pre-commissioning on the project e.g. process equipment, standard and high purity process pipework, vessels, plant, controls, HVAC, electrical MV/LV,LSS and the delivery of a completed MC (Mechanical Completion) documentation package in a timely manner by responsible parties. The candidate should have demonstrated management experience in QA/QC, Mechanical, Electrical and instrumentation turnover, and skilled in Construction, Engineering, Welding, and Piping with a demonstrated history of working in the construction industry.
- Work alongside and support the Design Team and other project key members in early CPDP stages (Stage 3) to ensure that Stage 4 is planned effectively and set for success.
- To identify the projects needs for construction support throughout the project life cycle.
- Monitor change with design and construction management partners, client team etc. to ensure impact on site is mitigated / minimised.
- Work with the SHE teams and Project Partners in the development of the overall SHE strategy and implementation of the same.
- Provide leadership and management oversight for Contractors and their sub-contractors in the construction/installation planning, sequencing, coordination and interfaces management within the extended project delivery team and wider parties (Operations, Facilities Management, Site SHE and etc.).
- Ensures that security, materials lay-down areas, project related logistics, housekeeping and waste management is planned and managed effectively by others.
- Support implementation of the Client SHE Requirements with Project Construction SHE Manager including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed and use for Reporting and Observation PM Vitals (client SHE observations).
- Review RAMS (as required) and offer recommendations and comments where applicable.
- Work with the digital delivery partner ensuring installation matches model, timely reporting of defects and observations are recorded on the shared platform.
- May utilise other digital enabling tools such as scanning and augmented reality (AR).
- Role includes the timely review of technical submissions and Request for information.
- Oversee and uphold Construction Quality requirements with Contractor(s) to ensure that a robust and compliant in process inspection & testing plan is in place.
- Oversee the completion and compilation of accurate as-built drawings and Turnover Packages.
- Attend and chair (where necessary) turnover/pre-commissioning progress meetings with Construction Management Company, Trades, Design Team, and client representative acting as escalation point and decision making within level of governance.
- Oversee the closeout of CPDP Stage 4 by Contractor(s) with a robust Mechanical Completion (MC) walkdown process which includes critical Inspection & Testing documentation, clearly identified Punch Items that have been correctly categorized and prioritised for closeout by Contractor.
- Communicate the Company and Project strategy with the Project SHE and Construction leads to ensure objectives are met and understood.
- Supports the Design Team and partners to obtain A0 and A1 signoffs with contractors and vendors.
- Take a leading role (Client Side) of the construction site until TORC handover to the local site operations with H0 and/ or H1 certificate signoff by the key Customer Representative team.
- Prepare the list of Turnover Systems/Sub-systems based on project scope.
- Close collaboration with the Project Managers, Document Controllers, Construction and CQV Team to manage the delivery of CTOP/VTOP packages.
- Support coordination of supplier completion of quality and fabrication record documentation to be included in Vendor Turnover Packages.
- Liaise with the Construction Quality Team to ensure the installation is in compliance with the approved drawings, specification, procedures and applicable codes and workmanship.
- Set up and manage a Systems Completions Management Database.
- Complete Management of System Completion Dossiers by system.
- Support Doc Controller team for transmittals of deliverables part of turnover packages.
- Hold System Completion Workshops to ensure alignment between all Stakeholders and what is required from them to reach SC acceptance.
- Lead final handover of Turnover Packages to Engineering/Operations.
- Strong documentation and GDP awareness is a must for this position.
- Review and follow-up technical documentation from the early design phase to ensure alignment with GMP and CQV requirements.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues with assistance from engineers and/or suppliers.
- Ensure site project execution is undertaken in compliance with company guideline, department procedures and safety standards.
- Be familiar with the Mechanical Completion procedure and Construction scope of work (Walkdown, system acceptance, punch list and follow up) and lead the PSSR (Pre-Start Safety Review).
- Schedule preparation and progress review.
- Liaise with CQV Engineers assigned to the project and manager the transfer of completed systems as per the MC process.
- Contractors and Vendors management and coordination including development of all inspection and testing processes to ensure compliant completion and handover across all disciplines.
- Final Handover reports to the Client users.
- Develops and maintains a construction PDR Board with appointed CM partner of project build sequence and schedule status for team coordination and communication. (Last Planner / TAKT as agreed).
- Prepare regular reports on the project status including Health Safety and Environmental issue, Quality Assurance, Progress, Risk and any other matters arising.
- Be competent with MS Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint, Powerproject.
- Demonstrable experience in working within common data environments.
- Demonstrable experience in using digital platforms.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A relevant Third Level or Professional Qualification.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Management experience in QA/QC, Mechanical/ Electrical Turnover, Skilled in Construction, Engineering, Welding, and Piping.
- Minimum of 10 years’ extensive experience in a quality management role and experience with welding engineering & NDE inspections.
- Considerable experience on construction sites.
- Considerable experience with cGMP- and Stainless Steel (Clean) Piping Systems.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.