Our client is a pharmaceutical company based in East Cork, looking for a Sustainability Engineer. This position is responsible for the technical direction, leadership, guidance and support for the following responsibilities.
- Management of Site sustainability team to drive site’s goal of energy waste & water and carbon reduction.
- Develop & Maintain Roadmap for Energy Reduction and Decarb, waste.
- Developing & maintaining operation and project controls to ensure that the roadmaps for carbon reduction , energy waste & water reduction is met.
- Develop Opportunities with Support functions & Project Engineering team.
- Support the Management of the Environmental defences and frameworks.
- Responsible for the development and maintaining of the site Roadmap for Energy Reduction and Decarb, waste and water reduction.
- Lead the development and delivery of sustainably projects and opportunities with Support functions & project Engineers.
- Assist in the management of Utility Contracts and Procurement process.
- Lead the sites ISO50001 & Water Stewardship Standard compliance programs.
- Maintain Sustainability Dashboard Management.
- Lead the sites sustainability related NC & CAPA Management.
- Drive training, awareness, and recognition program around sustainability.
- Lead site Sustainability Audits.
- Oversee the development of the sties Sustainability Manual Management (SOP).
- Responsible for managing of both the sites sustainability team.
- Set clear goals and objectives for both teams.
- Mentoring and coaching of team.
- Lead process improvement in associated areas.
- Accountable for performance of ESG team against site metrics (Quality, Safety, Schedule adherence, Cost).
- Ensure that decisions for assigned systems are closely coordinated and are optimized with those managed by other parts of the site.
- Assure the appropriate level of training for all levels of the organization.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or associated Discipline.
- A qualification in the area of environmental sustainability or energy management.
- Significant engineering experience in a site and/or corporate production environment, with specific specialized expertise in Upstream Processes, Downstream Processes, Oral Solid Dosage, CIP/SIP, Clean Utilities, utilities, HVAC, Packaging and Devices.
- Experience in executing projects (cross functional team managing departmental or functional level projects: approving resources, assigning tasks, presenting milestones, deciding cost/benefit analysis).
- Significant experience in engineering in biotech/pharmaceutical industry supporting manufacturing (quality, process development, manufacturing, clinical manufacturing).
- Strong team management skills with demonstrated ability to set clear direction, develop staff and manage performance.
- Significant experience in executing engineering projects (cross functional team managing departmental or functional level projects: approving resources, assigning tasks, presenting milestones, deciding cost/benefit analysis).
- Understands operational aspects of biopharma and/or engineering industries.
- Strong communication, relationship building, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Proven ability to manage and deliver results in a highly fluid, interactive matrixed environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.