Our client, a biopharmaceutical company located in Meath, is looking for a Supply Planner Specialist. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating direct material forecasts and order execution to meet the needs of the site value stream. The incumbent will also play a key role in master data maintenance and business analytics as well as assist in the project management of the introduction of new materials onto site.
- Work closely with the Planning and Scheduling Team members as well as other self-directed work teams in the site’s value stream.
- Ensure that direct material planning for the categories of direct materials they are responsible for is executed as per the site budget and approved plan of record for the site.
- Continuously Improve the Material Management Process on site.
- Ensure material forecasting is kept current in the site’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system in line with the material planning cycle.
- Ensure purchase orders are placed in line with lead times and agreed SLAs with site customers.
- Work closely with the team to communicate the material ordering plan.
- Build an excellent relationship with suppliers of assigned categories to order to ensure value is created and delivered for the site.
- Track and challenge assigned supplier safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics.
- Minimizing obsolescence with the site Production Planners who allocate Direct Material to the production orders.
- Ensure material planning processes meet schedule need as well as balancing safety first, quality always and cost.
- Leverage the site’s ERP system to deliver the site’s digital vision, working closely with the Business Excellence Function.
- Network with above site ERP subject matter experts to build expertise in oneself and others.
- During schedule execution ensure value stream customers such as Material Availability, Manufacturing and Testing are well communicated to.
- Work with the business excellence team to ensure the material management KPIs on the plant control tower are driving business performance.
- Owner of the site’s Inventory Governance process.
- Responsible for Drug Substance Planning for the assigned product.
- SAP Superuser and Work with local and global ERP process stewards to build capability.
- Coach and upskill Supply Chain Planner Associate Specialists and Production Planner Associate Specialists.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Science, Engineering or Equivalent.
- More than 4 years experience in a highly regulated industry.
- Direct Material planning experience.
- Biologics drug substance manufacturing experience is desired.
- Strong project management skills to support schedule delivery.
- Good stakeholder management skills to manage both internal and external stakeholders that support the site.
- Proven ability to using a wide variety of lean tools and building capability in teams you have led that becomes the standard way work gets completed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.