Our client, a biopharmaceutical company located in Cork, has an open position for a Supply Chain Specialist to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and purchase of raw materials and consumables, by converting the output of the Master Schedule and Detailed Schedule (MRP) for production needs into material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity when needed.
- Support the capital project execution and operational readiness activities where required, representing the Material Operations and Global Procurement functions.
- Collaborate with the Operations team, Global Procurement, Quality & Global Compliance to co-ordinate and manage the supplier and materials selection process with supplier agreements and contracts put in place when and where applicable.
- Ensure the new material qualification process is managed and new materials are created and set-up sufficiently on Oracle to ensure accurate and efficient planning and purchasing.
- Execute on the output of the Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) by ensuring efficient and effective procurement and inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and cost to ensure that patient/customer requirements are met while maintaining compliance.
- Optimize the flow of materials (order to release) while considering warehouse capacities and inventory targets in order to eliminate potential disruptions in the storage, storage costs and avoid any material or consumable scrap.
- Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet planned requirements.
- Maintain Raw Materials and Consumable inventories within target, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials.
- Liaise with suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
- Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement, including quality and on-time delivery in line with Master Schedule.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline essential.
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
- Project Management Certification is desirable.
- 4 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical industry preferable.
- Experience of Oracle would be beneficial but ERP system competency is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.