Our client, a biopharmaceutical company located in Cork, is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to join their team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the indirect tax compliance and accounting process across the EMEA region.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly indirect tax work papers/returns and manage the relationship with external providers in meeting indirect tax compliance deadlines.
- Ensure accurate completion of templates for tax payments, journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as external tax advisors and local tax authorities.
- Partner with colleagues in the business such as EMEA Finance, Supply Chain and Trade Compliance and the wider business to provide guidance, advice and support on all indirect tax related matters.
- Assist the EMEA and Global Tax Teams with tax projects such as tax system implementation/automation, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support tax audits/enquiries as they arise.
- This role will also incorporate some other tasks in the tax department such as preparing and maintaining process documentation, maintaining compliance and risk trackers and supplier management
- Other duties as assigned.
- The role will provide opportunities to work with the latest technologies such as Alteryx, Power BI, RPA, together with the automated tax reporting SaaS tool.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Irish Tax Institute qualified/Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years Tax experience, preferably in a multinational/Big 4 environment.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office especially Excel/Word/PowerPoint etc.
- ERP experience, ideally Oracle/SAP.
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools/tax software an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.