Our client, a pharmaceutical company based in Carlow, is looking for a Senior E&I Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting process devices, instrumentation, and controls in support of vaccine manufacturing and ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with our client’s requirements to ensure compliance, safety, and reliable supply.
- Provide effective technical support to Production in all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, installation, and modification; perform detailed maintenance, calibrations, PMs and troubleshooting.
- Required to operate and clean the process equipment as necessary.
- Maintain process and production equipment, ensuring ongoing preventative maintenance, equipment troubleshooting and repairs to ensure continuous, reliable and repeatable operation of all equipment; drive Total Productive Maintenance.
- Ensure effective management and equipment shutdown scheduling, ensuring resources are available, thereby minimizing downtown.
- Support maintenance planning and preventative maintenance through completion of planned and emergency work orders, calibrations, PMs etc.
- Document maintenance work, including upgrades, made to existing equipment, including preventative maintenance performed and parts used, to ensure appropriate documentation and records of repair history.
- Operate and monitor production support equipment, using MES/DCS and PLC based systems, to ensure optimum equipment uptime and target outputs, whilst facilitating continuous process improvements using Lean Principles.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and repair complex systems which may include Autoclaves, Glassware Washers, Single use mixers, HVAC, Isolators, filling line and inspection lines under minimal supervision in a highly regulated, cGMP environment.
- Interpret P&ID’s, equipment/system layouts, wiring diagrams, and specifications in planning and performing maintenance and repairs.
- Support continuous improvement by leading and active participation in repairs, upgrades, preventative maintenance and system failure investigations and investigation reports, execution/development of change control, and contribution to Kaizen events as appropriate.
- Perform root cause analysis of system failures, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc.; implement subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
- Supply information and technical data for securing spare parts and equipment asset entry into the CMMS; liaise directly with vendors on supply of parts, upgrades to systems etc as necessary.
- Assist in general facility upkeep and provides responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Participate effectively in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various operations systems; ensure all work is carried out in line with same.
- Required to comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day-to-day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture on site.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Time serviced E&I Apprenticeship or equivalent Certificate/Diploma in an Engineering or related discipline is required.
- Prior experience in a Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and regulated pharmaceutical production environment is essential.
- Extensive hands-on experience of preventive/reactive maintenance.
- Understanding of mechanical / electrical / Instrumentation / pneumatic processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job-related computer applications required, with excellent communication skills on technical subjects.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.