A Qualified Person is required for a biopharmaceutical company in Waterford. This critical role located onsite ensures that products are manufactured and released in accordance with cGMPs.
- The Qualified Person is responsible to ensure that licensed product is certified and released to market by a Qualified Person named on the commercial manufacturing license in accordance with EU directive 2001/83/EC, 2004/94/EC and in accordance with the requirements of Annex 16.
- Manages the batch disposition process to ensure timely release of product.
- Ensures the batch disposition process maintains compliance with site practices & regulatory requirements.
- Support major investigations, ensuring all product deviations are closed prior to batch release.
- Participates in cross functional teams as Quality/Qualified Person representative.
- Provide additional QP support to quality related issues, as the need arises.
- Participates on internal committees/teams, as required.
- Provides advice and direction to other departments on quality issues.
- Ensure independence of the QP on decisions on quality related matters.
- Builds partnerships across the business to create a culture that demonstrates excellence in quality, compliance and continuous improvements.
- Provide audit support as required for internal auditing program and supplier audits.
- Maintain an up-to -date knowledge of pharmaceutical legislation and industry practice.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post Graduate Qualification required (MSc or equivalent).
- Preference given to candidates with advanced degrees; eight or more years of cGMP experience preferred with relevant work experience acting as Qualified Person, named on the Manufacturer’s/Importer’s Authorisation (MIA); consideration will be given to other relevant experience and education.
- Proven leadership skills comparable to 2+ years of management responsibility.
- Biologics manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Experience in Sterile Manufacturing and / or Clinical Trials Regulations highly desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.