Tandem Project Management requires an QS/Estimator to join our team in the Cork office. The successful candidate will work in our Project Engineering Department where you will work with the Project Controls and Project Scheduling teams and gain valuable experience. This a great opportunity to advance your knowledge in a growing company where you will work collaboratively with our skilled team of engineers.
- Prepare tender and contract documents including bills of quantities for work scopes with Project Engineers, selecting the appropriate form of tender and any relevant amendments.
- Prepare cost estimates, cost plans and cash-flow reports to enable management to evaluate projects.
- Evaluate tenders and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Manage the tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries.
- Analysing plans/ bill of quantities and other project documentation to estimate costs.
- Researching, sourcing and negotiating best quotes from subcontractors /suppliers.
- Assessing financial /technical/operational risks of project.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies and liaise with Clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of Tandem Project Management.
- Represent Tandem Project Management at all relevant site and other meetings as required.
- Reporting on project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Degree level qualification in Quantity Surveying / Engineering / Construction Management.
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in Capital and Expense projects ideally within the life science industries is preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.