Our client, a biopharmaceutical company located in Carlow, is looking for a QC Specialist (Microbiology) to join their team. The ideal candidate will provide technical support to the QC Microbiology Lab & operations to ensure the continued manufacture and supply of quality pharmaceutical products in meeting the operations priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan. The successful candidate will have more senior responsibilities within the Microbiology Laboratory including (but not limited to) documentation development, report writing, execution of method and equipment validation, drug product result authorization, providing microbiological support for site and performance of bench experiments.
- Development and execution of Microbiology test methods, Method Validation and Method Qualification, mainly bioburden, endotoxin and Sterility test methods.
- Troubleshooting of issues which arise during the execution of validation studies and routine tests.
- Development of training modules.
- Microbiology Support to Site Investigations.
- Driving Continuous Improvement initiatives, including lean lab initiatives, method optimization/redevelopment.
- Authoring and managing change controls, procedures, test methods and deviations.
- Result authorization for microbiological samples to support batch release.
LIMS System updates.
- Assessing compendial and quality manual updates pertaining to the Microbiology Lab & environmental control.
- Supporting lab stock management and financial control as required.
- Supporting the environmental control program by trend analysis and implementation of appropriate corrective and preventative measures.
- Understands and applies regulatory / compliance and compendial requirements to their role together with remaining current on upcoming regulatory and compliance changes.
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Makes decisions within guidelines and policies which impact microbiology projects.
- Ensure highest safety standards.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred, ideally in Microbiology or a closely related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Microbiology Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment.
- Demonstrated change management skills (CEM) with continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge in execution, validation and development of microbiology related test methods i.e. Bioburden, Endotoxin and Sterility testing.
- Knowledge and experience in interpreting current applicable regulatory requirements and providing independent support to the site.
- Strong knowledge in the area of method development including experiment design to ensure robust validation data.
- Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.