Our client, a biologics company located in Waterford, is looking for a QC Microbiologist. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing microbiological testing (water sampling, water testing, growth promotion, identifications, Sterility testing, Environmental monitoring and plate reading) following approved methodology to assure that the safety, quality, purity and stability of the products, components and in-process stages are in compliance with approved specifications.
- Provide microbiological testing and support to the Microbiology and Manufacturing departments.
- Documentation review.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to QC Microbiology Team and external departments.
- In particular, close contact maintained with the Microbiology, Validation, Manufacturing, Planning and Quality Assurance.
- Compliance with cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in the lab.
- QC Micro representation at cross functional meetings.
- Providing audit support as required.
- Supporting projects as required.
- Conduct duties in a safe manner and report all safety issues or concerns.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Science or related area (Microbiology, Pharmacy, Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred).
- 2 to 3 years working within Microbiology in a GMP facility required, ideally part of which would be in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry.
- Understands KPI’s for the site.
- Knowledge of quality management systems.
- It would be advantageous to have (not essential) experience in performing plate reading, water testing, endotoxin testing, sterility testing, requalification’s, or knowledge of use and maintenance of microbiological equipment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.