Our client, a bio pharmaceutical company located in Waterford, is currently looking for a QC Chemist. The incumbent will be responsible for providing analytical chemistry services and maintaining, updating and issuing chemical methods, specifications and SOPs in compliance to pharmacopoeial and regulatory requirements.
- Effective interaction with other departments on matters related to raw materials, intermediates and finished batch releases.
- Assist with training of the Analysts in areas of expertise and knowledge and in new methods, SOPs and updates.
- Trend such results, record on COA’s where required and complete OOS’s investigations on a timely basis.
- Update the QC Team Leader on potential problems and highlight improvements where possible by use of the normal communication means.
- Ensure all quality documentation and records are complete and current.
- Ensure QC laboratories meet current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) requirements.
- Ensure relevant procedures are correctly defined and followed.
- Ensure that critical chemical testing and related equipment meets current validation requirements (IQ – Installation Qualification, OQ – Operational Qualification, PQ – Performance Qualification) where required.
- Audit and review chemistry test results on a daily basis and ensure compliance with cGLP.
- Checking/auditing laboratory notebooks and analytical reports.
- Ensure compliance to cGMP at all times.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Science – Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred.
- Postgraduate studies as appropriate to augment primary degree.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.