Our client is seeking to recruit a contract Project Manager to lead the management and execution of projects throughout the full project life cycle from initiation to closeout at their facility in West Dublin. The projects will include a diverse mix of capital and expense projects on Manufacturing, Labs, Process, Utilities and Automation/IT (AIT) systems. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of strategic projects and will have the capability to project manage multiple individual projects as the business requires. These will include manufacturing process projects supporting tech transfers and plant optimizations, lab equipment and capacity upgrades to support the tech transfers, and a range of projects across manufacturing and utilities.
- Accountable for meeting key project deliverables for safety, financial management, schedule management and scope management across these projects.
- Accountable for ensuring projects are compliant with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations and codes.
- Liaise with Global Engineering/Global EHS/Global Procurement to ensure all are aligned and support project deliverables.
- Accountable for strict adherence to company project stage-gate principles for managing the life-cycle of projects.
- Concept and Business Case development in collaboration with project Sponsor and End user, working with the end user to understand and clarify end user requirements, develop scope, cost and budget estimates and present to governance for approval.
- Leading & supporting project teams through projects.
- Financial management – develop project budgets, obtain approvals for and adhere to project scope.
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers to keep project within budget.
- Make cash flow projections.
- Make effective use of SAP and budgeting tools.
- Manage project prioritization and spend to meet budgetary targets.
- Project Design – Design solutions in compliance with local/corporate safety standards and legislation and in compliance with corporate engineering and regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Planning and Scheduling – uses planning tools to hold a complex project on schedule and coordinate parallel activities.
- Coordinate with facilities, EHS, QA, etc.
- Manage external factors such as planning and inspections.
- Assure that value engineering, constructability reviews and similar processes are effectively utilized to minimize capital expenditures and maximize functional value.
- Risk Management – Identifies and categorizes project risks according to impact on scope, budget and schedule. Generates action plans to mitigate risks.
- Consider the potential impact construction and on time performance will have on the business should it cause an interruption and identify appropriate actions plans to mitigate risk.
- Project execution plan – Generate and deliver a detailed project execution plan concerning the execution of all aspects of the project.
- Procurement – Generate specifications for the procurement of equipment and Instrumentation, installation modification of equipment and systems, reduces equipment downtime.
- Collaborate with Procurement to ensure all procurement policies and procedures are followed.
- Innovation – seeks innovative and novel approaches for design, function and construction using operational excellence tools in improving approaches for these activities.
- Manage start-up and commissioning of all project equipment and systems as required.
- Coordinate engineering support of validation activities for equipment and systems as required.
- Complete Project Close-out as per Stage Gate process.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Automation/Process Engineering.
- Demonstrable skills that can be applied to effectively manage and execute projects from initiation to completion.
- Demonstrable skills and competencies that will enable the successful candidate to be able to manage a diverse team of engineering professionals/contractors etc. to deliver projects safely, on time and within budget.
- Familiar with project life-cycle stage-gate process.
- Demonstrated understanding of the project management process, programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout
- Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively manage stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Strong computer MS Office skills (PP, Word, Excel, Project etc.).
- Demonstrable people management skills or experience managing cross functional project teams.
- Proactive and accountable person with a demonstrable willingness to learn.
- Demonstrable experience of managing programs and/or managing a team of engineers to deliver projects – Desirable.
- Experience managing the overall financial performance of engineering projects, including cash flow, life cycle costs, business opportunities and risks, both at a project and at a portfolio level – Desirable.
- Experience using SAP and budgeting tools – Desirable.
- Biologic Manufacturing site experience – Desirable.
- Project management experience in the pharmaceutical industry >2 years – Desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.