Tandem Project Management is looking to hire a Project Manager to join its expanding team at our headquarters in Cork. The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of significant projects within the life sciences sector.
- Help develop a strong safety culture within the company, proactively drive towards continuous improvement and achieving best in class standards.
- Provide EHS leadership on projects.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of procedures to achieve OHSAS 18001 accreditation.
- Perform duties of PSDP and PSCS on behalf of the company.
- Prepare design risk assessments.
- Obtain and sign off on temporary and permanent works design certificates.
- Conduct site safety audits.
- Assist in maintenance and improvement of ISO 9001 accredited procedures.
- Identify standards relevant to company activity and ensure up to date information is obtained and disseminated to direct reports.
- Pursue a best practice approach to project management and design and ensure company procedures reflect same.
- Actively pursue new business opportunities for the company, promoting the company positively at all times.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations.
- Prepare proposals including execution plans and commercial elements.
- Attend industry functions, company promotions and marketing activities as required
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Manage project hours against execution plan.
- Prepare schedules and monitor progress, ensuring critical path is maintained and implementing mitigation plans as necessary.
- Prepare cost estimates, manage variations and approve monthly valuations.
- Maintain project action register, risk register and issue list.
- Prepare monthly reports for clients including status on safety, schedule, cost, procurement, information required, risks and issues.
- Prepare Design packages for tender and IFC.
- Coordinate design packages between Tandem, sub consultants, vendors and contractors.
- Answer contractor and vendor technical queries.
- Approve vendor and contractor submittal approvals.
- Walk down tender enquiries with contractors and vendors, issue clarifications, chair bid clarification meetings and prepare tender reports.
- Constructability reviews.
- Manage activities on site as required.
- Site audits/inspections.
- Prepare/approve C&Q protocols using sub-consultant expertise as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified in Chemical or Process Engineering or similar discipline.
- Project management certification an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing projects within the Life Sciences sector.
- Previous experience of delivering complex projects on time and to budget.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.