An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Process Safety Engineer/Specialist to be the primary point of contact for all process safety elements of a new Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) facility being constructed at a pharmaceutical site in Dublin.
- Support the design process to ensure all process safety considerations have been adequately addressed in the design and equipment selection process.
- Liase with the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) for all interaction related to COMAH/SEVESO and process safety.
- Develop the process safety management system for the API facility that will integrated with the EHS management system of the existing facility.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies, programs and initiatives to ensure process safety is actively managed and has layers of protection to prevent serious injuries and unplanned safety events through commissioning, start-up and sustaining operations.
- Ensure the change management process captures the process safety requirements.
- Provide assurance our client is complying with all applicable safety regulations related to process safety and continuing to strengthen the site’s safety culture.
- Devise innovative approaches to problems encountered; provide leadership and oversight for routine and recurring compliance activities.
- The Project is a state of the art API Small molecule facility with associated hazardous store and tank farm and utility tie ins to the existing Campus.
- Input process safety requirements for equipment and systems via User Requirement Specifications (URS).
- Review and approve process safety related documentation, including process HAZOPs and other related safety and engineering assessments.
- Assess equipment and processes for compliance with EHS, process safety and relevant engineering standards.
- Manage the COMAH/SEVESO application process and develop a program to ensure compliance.
- Develop and implement safe systems of work for manufacturing and maintenance operations aligning to the overall safe system of work for the campus.
- Implement and maintain process and equipment safety management processes – statutory inspections, safety device inspection and testing, mechanical integrity, etc.
- Maintain the site HAZOP register and schedule periodic review of HAZOPs as required.
- Ensure the change management process adequately addresses the assessment of new products introductions and equipment to the site from a process safety perspective.
- Develop the site Emergency Response programme as required COMAH/SEVESO.
- Conduct safety audits and continuously improve the site safety management systems by identifying and measuring the appropriate KPIs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum degree or higher in a Safety Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working on similar projects.
- Experience in pharma/ biopharma essential.
- Experience on API Manufacturing is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent project management skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.