Our client is a biopharmaceutical company based in West Dublin looking for a Process Equipment Engineer (Equipment System Owner) who will be responsible for technical support to the production and maintenance teams in key process systems and manufacturing areas at the our client’s facility. The main area of responsibility will be the technical engineering ownership of BDS process equipment and packaging and will provide technical leadership on process or equipment issues in line with business strategies and objectives.
- Acts as an advocate for engineering continuous improvement activities.
- Take the lead in troubleshooting and problem solving on process equipment while providing coaching and mentoring to other engineering, maintenance and operations staff.
- Technical support for new equipment installation and commissioning phases projects.
- Ownership of operational readiness activities for process equipment and maintenance such as development of maintenance job plan content, maintenance related procedures, spares identification.
- Work closely with other site functions to ensure a smooth transition between project and operational phases.
- Design input for new product introduction and related CAPEX projects.
- Ownership of process safety and equipment related investigations.
- Ownership and delivery of equipment / technical training on process equipment.
- Ownership and tracking of engineering key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the process areas.
- Encourage and sustain a high safety culture and performance within the maintenance and engineering teams.
- Optimization of equipment process design to enable improved turnaround of production equipment.
- Plan and manage day-to-day technical support work on process and associated equipment to meet manufacturing or plant shutdown schedules while maintaining a high level of GMP compliance and being cost efficient.
- Implement equipment and maintenance reliability improvements.
- Development and implementation of area / equipment improvement plans to repeat failures and other maintenance problems.
- Review of executed maintenance activity and identify improvements to the maintenance job plan content.
- Ensure compliance to both our client’s Governance standards and Regulatory requirements.
- Key contact for production on equipment and maintenance performance.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualification in pharmaceutical, chemical or mechanical engineering or related engineering field is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years’ relevant experience working in a technical engineering role in the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industry.
- Experience of upstream/downstream drug substance and packaging processes would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with vendors and resolve issues in a timely and structured manner.
- Experienced in leading and facilitating structured problem solving approaches to resolve equipment / process issues.
- Strong technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.