Our client, a biopharmaceutical company based in Cork, is looking for an Payroll Specialist (International). The incumbent will be responsible for the administration of Payroll processes across several countries. Our client Payroll team currently manages payrolls for approx. 40 countries across the EMEA, LATAM, ASIA PAC & Canada regions. In this position the ideal candidate will interface with the Payroll provider, HR & Finance, Internal and external audit in ensuring a high-quality Payroll service to the management and staff of affiliates in all countries of operation.
- Work with HR and Payroll providers to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information and that Payrolls are processed accurately, timely and in accordance with country local requirements.
- Month end payroll activities-preparing journals, accruals and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure that monthly and yearly local tax payments and compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place and are implemented to capture changes month on month and any differences are reconciled and explained.
- Schedules, participates and facilitates payroll related meetings and presentations.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to internal and external agencies, e.g. Inland Revenue, etc.
- Prepare employee and payroll tax payments.
- Create and maintain control DTP documentation, process flows and procedures.
- Ensure a consistent focus and involvement in driving efficiencies and process improvements
- Manage the Payroll SPARC system ensuring mails are answered in a timely manner and filed appropriately.
- Work with external providers regarding specific payroll treatment for employees’ e.g. expatriate and international assignments.
- Working with internal and external audit to ensure the integrity of the payroll information.
- Assistance on Project related activities as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably IPASS qualified or international equivalent.
- Experience of setting up and/or operating Payroll processes in a Shared Service Centre in a multi-country corporate environment is advantageous.
- Experience working in Oracle and SAP.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Excel skills need to be of a demonstrably high standard – advanced.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.