A Payments Team Lead is required for a biopharmaceutical company in Cork. The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day operations of the International Payments Team and support the North America payment operations.
- This role oversees the team that serves as the company contact for all EMEA payments.
- Suppliers, employee expenses, VAT, Tax & product, manual and batch payments, using our Bank of America, HSBC & Citibank banking platforms and working in Oracle.
- The payments team is also responsible for working with cash management and PTP accounting teams to ensure there is not ageing on bank rec items.
- The role will also require support to be provided to the North America Payments Team as appropriate.
- Oversee the following tasks that are carried out by the Payments Team.
- Running of twice weekly multi-currency Oracle batch payments.
- Processing manual payment requests, including the following – Tax, VAT, Product payments, Travel Advances & Interview expenses.
- Processing supplier and employee expense payments for Emerging markets (non-Oracle markets).
- Processing intercompany payments.
- Working with cash management and PTP Accounting teams on bank rec items and follow-up on aged items.
- Supporting North America Payments Team on operational activities.
- Working in Sparc ticketing system and shared mailbox to manage queries.
- Completion of month-end tasks in conjunction with wider PTP team.
- Maintenance of payment approval schedule and bank matrix.
- Preparation and maintenance of payment templates in BOA, HSBC & Citibank portals.
- Maintain desk-top procedures for the duties carried out by this role.
- Follow up on internal and external audit requests as required.
- Participation in testing and training as part of SAP Implementation.
- Involvement in PTP Continuous Improvement projects.
- Engage with Project Bluestream Payments Business Process Owner to gain knowledge and understanding of SAP system and functionality.
- Take part in SAP project testing cycles and training for payments.
- Collaborate with operations team and Project team on future ways of working with the move to SAP in 2023.
- Provide recommendations on process improvements and opportunities.
- Engage with payments team to ensure effective change management for future processes.
- Engage and motivate team to ensure goals & objectives are met, via regular team and individual meetings.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Business Degree Required.
- 5-8 years’ PTP experience in a fast-paced multi-national or global Finance organisation, incorporating people management.
- Experience in Payments a requirement.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation regarding sensitive and confidential information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.