Website Ref: TPM04614
A global healthcare company based in Waterford is seeking a Mechanical Tooling Engineer to join it’s team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining tooling specifications to meet specific component and project strategies.
- Project manage optimisation, maintenance & overhaul projects on existing tool portfolio (prototype single cavity & production multi-cavity tools).
- Apply systematic root cause problem solving involving all stakeholders (including key support department team members & tooling/equipment vendors) to meet customer delivery & product quality objectives in the most cost-effective manner.
- Lead the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability on tools.
- Work with personnel to support the introduction of new tools to site for new products to ensure high levels of process reliability post PQ.
- Lead the injection moulding tooling technical function for both internal project teams and client teams and manage new injection mould tool introduction to the Operations team.
- Development and implementation of multi-cavity Tooling strategies for complex and/or large tooling builds with optimal cavitation and cycle times to meet the needs of a robust manufacturing process and quality requirements.
- Participate and lead product development or project meetings, including performance and presentation of the DFM/DFA recommendations.
- Participate in Risk Assessment/Analysis (dFMEA, pFMEA).
- Participation and development of measurement inspection techniques, fixtures and test methods.
- Manage mould flow requirements and translate data into final conclusions for use in tooling considerations.
- Ensure all engineering changes are managed through the relevant cGMP procedures including documentation, equipment manuals, QC records & CAD drawing controls.
- Create a high performing flexible tooling team which achieves excellent results.
- Provide direction to tooling personnel as appropriate reviewing tool downtime & preventative maintenance data , tool running status, escalations & corrective action to ensure targets are achieved.
- Ensures that there is regular communication & coordinated planning of all new & existing tool projects using visual communications boards within tooling.
- Implementation of company policies, adherence to all Corporate EHS and cGMP policies.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering degree, qualified Toolmaker or relevant experience as a Tooling Engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of multi cavity injection mould tools and hot runner systems.
- 5+ years tool development experience, preferably in medical devices.
- Strong tooling and product design skills, with a working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD.
- Knowledge of resin materials and processing techniques for tool building and polymer processing.
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques and their application.
- Strong knowledge of tool approval process, polymer materials & injection moulding processing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, systematic root cause problem solving skills.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, self-directed & results driven with strong project management skills.
- Ability to project manage across functional teams involving tooling vendors & suppliers.
- Knowledge of Lean continuous improvement techniques including statistics & DOE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.