Our client, a pharmaceutical company based in Carlow, is looking for a Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all process manufacturing equipment and devices, including calibration of instrumentation, mechanical maintenance of high-speed filling and inspection equipment and maintenance of control systems in support of vaccine manufacturing. The successful candidate will ensure that their objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with our client’s requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to their customers.
- Provide effective technical support to the production value streams in all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, installation and modification.
- Perform detailed maintenance, calibrations, PMs and troubleshooting.
- Required to operate and clean the process equipment during troubleshooting and post interventions as necessary.
- Maintain process and production equipment, ensuring ongoing preventative maintenance, equipment troubleshooting and repairs are completed in a timely manner to ensure continuous, reliable and repeatable operation of all equipment in line with Production Systems.
- Support maintenance planning and preventative maintenance through completion of planned and emergency work orders, calibrations, PMs etc.
- Document maintenance work, including upgrades, made to existing equipment, including preventative maintenance performed and parts used, to ensure appropriate documentation and records of repair history.
- Operate and monitor production support equipment, using MES/DCS and PLC based systems, to ensure optimum equipment uptime and target outputs, whilst facilitating continuous process improvements using Lean Principles.
- Operate, troubleshoot and repair complex systems which may include Filling and Inspection equipment, CIP Skids, Autoclaves, Glassware Washers, production vessels, HVAC and Grade A isolators under minimal supervision in a highly regulated, cGMP environment.
- Interpret P&ID’s, equipment/system layouts, wiring diagrams, and specifications in planning and performing maintenance and repairs.
- Support continuous improvement by leading and through active participation in repairs, upgrades, preventative maintenance and system failure investigations and investigation reports.
- Execution/development of change control, and contribution to Kaizen events as appropriate.
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA) of system failures and substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc.
- Implement subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
- Supply information and technical data for securing spare parts and equipment asset entry into the CMMS.
- Liaise directly with vendors on supply of parts, upgrades to systems etc as necessary.
- Assist in general facility up keep and provides responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Participate effectively in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various operations systems ensuring all work is carried out in line with same.
- Required to comply with procedures and guidelines, all regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Candidates must hold a minimum of an Advanced Level 6 Certificate (Time Served Apprenticeship) in one of the following disciplines, Mechanical (eg. MAMF), Electrical or Electrical/Instrumentation (E/I).
- Candidates must have prior related work experience; ideally in a manufacturing, GMP setting.
- A minimum 2 + Years in a maintenance and repair role within the Pharmaceutical Industry is preferred.
- Candidates with sterile fill finish, component preparation (i.e. Autoclaves, Washers, CIP skids) and high-speed inspection maintenance experience are desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.