A new opportunity exists for a Maintenance Engineer with our bio pharmaceutical client based in the midlands. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day management and coordination Maintenance tasks and will work closely with the Technical Owners of the Process Equipment. The Maintenance Engineer’s main area of responsibility will be the technical engineering ownership of the Preventative and Corrective Maintenance activities within the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance management System) and will provide technical leadership to the technician team on Preventative and Corrective Maintenance activities with the support of the System Technical Owners.
- Acts as an advocate for Maintenance continuous Improvement Activities within the Process Maintenance group.
- Take the lead in troubleshooting and problem solving on process equipment while providing coaching and mentoring to the Maintenance Technician Group.
- Ownership of operational readiness activities for process equipment and maintenance such as development of maintenance job plan content, maintenance related procedures and spares identification.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Technician team to ensure a timely execution of Preventative Maintenance activities with Minimal Impact to the Operations Schedule.
- Ownership of process safety and equipment related investigations.
- Ownership and delivery of equipment / technical training on process equipment Maintenance tasks where required.
- Ownership and tracking of Maintenance key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the process areas.
- Encourage and sustain a high safety culture and performance within the maintenance teams.
- Plan and manage day-to-day Preventative Maintenance support work on process and associated equipment to meet manufacturing or plant shutdown schedules while maintaining a high level of GMP compliance and being cost efficient.
- Implement equipment and maintenance reliability improvements.
- Development and implementation of area / equipment improvement plans to repeat failures and other maintenance problems.
- Review of executed maintenance activity and identify improvements to the maintenance job plan content.
- Ensure compliance to both company standards and Regulatory requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualification in pharmaceutical, chemical or mechanical engineering or related engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in a Process Maintenance team role in the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industry.
- Experience of Upstream / Downstream drug substance and Clinical processes would be an advantage but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with vendors and resolve issues in a timely and structured manner.
- Experienced in leading and facilitating structured problem solving approaches to resolve equipment / process issues.
- Strong technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
- This role is hybrid with three days on site and two days remote.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.