A biopharmaceutical company in West Cork is looking for a Maintenance Engineer.
- Maintenance engineers are responsible for maintaining and repairing of machinery, plant equipment, tools and systems used in engineering and other industrial production processes.
- Day-to-day activities and responsibilities will include conducting periodic maintenance checks, planning equipment upgrades and machinery modifications, identifying faults, investigating equipment breakdowns and monitoring the performance of equipment after repairs have been carried out.
- May also be responsible for the procurement of new components for existing equipment or replacing the entire set of machines after a prescribed period of usage is complete.
- Maintenance engineers work in multi-disciplinary teams, which include plant and production personnel, and other technical professionals, to ensure uninterrupted, efficient and quality driven production via plant operation.
- Daily walk/inspection of area, log to be taken of all critical parameters.
- Parameters to be electronically logged.
- Develop weekly maintenance tasks for Craft in the area.
- Area CMMS Champion, Ensure full compliance of the CMMS system, including all EHS, CAT1 & CAT2 Insurance Inspections.
- Review of the CMMS, create new, edit/remove, plan Work Orders as required.
- Shutdown Planning: Plan the scope of work required, ensure all spares are in stock and available, organize external vendors.
- Develop training program for Area including complete set of P&ID’s, brief descriptive overviews of systems with aim to increase knowledge of Craft in area of systems.
- Develop problem solving skills with Craft, to allow Craft to identify plant issues.
- Ensure full compliance with all safety initiatives at Our Company.
- Lead by example and activity encourage all Craft to fully participate in Safety Culture.
- Have an ability to cover for the Clean Utilities Engineer and/or the Utilities Lead position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualification in Engineering or similar discipline.
- 5+ years industrial experience ideally in the operations and maintenance of Process and Utility equipment.
- Building Management Systems.
- Steam & Condensate Systems.
- Water Purification Systems (including RO Plant).
- WFI Systems (Including distribution).
- Clean Steam Generation (including CSG distribution).
- Compressed Air (including Compressors & Air Dryers).
- LPHW (Low Pressure Hot Water).
- Chilled Water Systems (including Chiller Operation).
- Cooling Towers.
- Air Handling Units (including humidification, cooling & heating)
- Pharmaceutical/GMP experience an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.