Our client is a biopharmaceutical company based in Cork looking for a Loss Prevention Engineer who will be responsible for supporting operations and facilities, helping them manage safety properly and assuring compliance to company safety requirements.
- Working with project engineers and insurers on building design, spacing/sprinkler designs, emergency blast panels etc.
- Benchmarking and tracking site compliance on Loss Prevention and Fire Safety with insurance requirements, legislative requirements, and industry best practice.
- Conducting optimisation studies and engineering reports on loss prevention systems for existing process equipment and buildings.
- User representative and engineering support for Site Security and Emergency Response projects.
- Work with engineering functions to generate technical reports to propose solutions to identified loss prevention issues.
- Support Building Safety Systems approvals for new facilities.
- Facilitating audits conducted by site insurers and assist with EPA audits.
- Ensuring compliance with Seveso requirements (Seveso upper tier site).
- Coordinate emergency response plans with the external emergency services (HSE, An Garda Síochána, Fire Service, Ambulance service) and internal site emergency response team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualification in Process/Chemical engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in engineering design, e.g. working on PFDs, P&IDs, equipment specification / sizing.
- Site experience is an advantage.
- Ability to locate and apply Irish and European standards and legislation.
- Experience in process safety engineering and process safety management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & leadership skills essential.
- Prior client-facing experience is an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.