Our client, a biopharmaceutical located in Dublin, is looking for a Lead Regional Procurement Specialist. The incumbent will be responsible for executing strategic projects and supporting site’s operating objectives, ensuring that procedures and processes are securely established to support the current operating plans for the company’s manufacturing sites. The successful candidate will collaborate with senior functional and operational stakeholders to develop and execute global supply and sourcing strategies, as well as support the manufacturing department strategic imperatives and enable manufacturing department core elements of strategy: stability, responsiveness, building capacity, and foster innovation.
- Responsible for planning and conducting negotiations as well as leading and conducting RFx for goods and services in scope.
- Manages direct, indirect and research procurement categories incl. strategic sourcing and procurement, supplier selection and negotiations, creating leverage above site, contract management.
- Relationship management with senior stakeholders on site in order to provide full support on supply, driving & supporting changes, understand site priorities and at the same time use that opportunity to seek support & alignment on implementing procurement driven projects (supplier changes, commercial initiatives etc.).
- Strategic supplier relationship management to drive alignment to department targets and to enable continuous improvement (supply, quality, innovation, cost and regulatory aspect).
- Implementation of globally cascaded projects (enabling global suppliers, driving department strategy etc.) including right project management to meet project deadlines, alignment with the site, managing supplier transition etc.
- Responsible for continuous procurement process improvement, increasing personal productivity.
- Engages, obtains sponsorship, and influences senior level stakeholders / demonstrates procurement value proposition, creates a delivery plan shared jointly with business stakeholders.
- Develops end to end risk management strategies and performance management & improvement strategies.
- Acts as change agent, demonstrating added value brought by the procurement function.
- Actively supports diversity, within the company as well as including, expanding relationships with diverse, SME suppliers.
- Responsible for developing and delivering objectives and targets in respective categories incl. annual profit plan / savings forecast, working capital conversion / pull through targets, SME (Small and Medium
- Enterprises) spend targets, spend concentration %, and contract compliance % targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Engineering / Supply Chain or Business minimally; MBA or CPM /supply chain certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing / supply chain / procurement for manufacturing sites.
- 3 to 5 years of procurement experience.
- Working experience in multinational companies, complex matrix organizations, exposure to international teams.
- Native fluency in English.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.