Website Ref: TPM04475
A Health and Safety Specialist is required for a biopharmaceutical company in Dunboyne. The incumbent will support the expansion of manufacturing and support facilities on site.
- Participate in project design reviews and HAZOPS for proposed new systems.
- Ensure management of change processes are followed and serve as EHS reviewer for planning of activities impacting existing facility operation.
- Co-ordinate project support from relevant SME’s such as Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety, Machinery Safety etc.
- Support the containment philosophy for the potent compound facility.
- Serve as a site EHS representative during mechanical completion, commissioning and qualification activities, participate in project walk-downs and start-up activities for assigned systems.
- Ensure that installation is in conformance with local and national regulations, internal company standards, design intent and HAZOP recommendations.
- Ensure that all necessary procedures, PPE, signage and training are complete and available for performing the necessary tasks during the specific start-up phase.
- Serve as primary EHS reviewer for Pre-Start-up Safety and Environmental checklists completed during project start-up activities.
- Serve as a leader in demonstrating and implementing a strong EHS culture across the project.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of safety programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Safety or Environmental field of study.
- +5 years of EHS, Engineering, or Operational experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical or process related industry.
- Drive to engage others and have excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain focus on key project goals and priorities, but also analyse the detail to facilitate problem resolution and ensure project success.
- Knowledge and experience working with EHS regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.