Our client is a global pharmaceutical company based in Cork who is looking for a PTP Specialist to join their growing team. The successful candidate will providing support for a group of markets in the international organisation, main focus will be (but not limited to) around query resolution, month end activity and timely maintenance, clearing and reconciliation of assigned PTP balance sheet accounts.
- Continuous Improvement – Identify problem areas in the process and work with the team to generate solutions.
- Customer Service – Build relationships with key points of contact within the Financial Shared Service Organisation and markets across the processes and other functions in order to maintain an understanding of the process context.
- Understanding of the wider PTP Processes and ways of working.
- The ability to adapt and move within the wider PTP Team as required.
- Maintain a clean Trade Accounts Payable Listing by regular review and follow up on aged items.
- Weekly clearing of bank reconciling items and follow up of aged items.
- Clearing of bank rec items ahead of month end.
- Calculation and posting of month end accruals.
- Month end related activity relating to PTP module close and pre close.
- Allocation of pre-payments ahead of weekly payment batch.
- Maintain, review and investigate accuracy of accounting of PTP transactions.
- Review and follow up of potential duplicate payments.
- Liaise with vendors to maintain accuracy of supplier account.
- Review and follow up of PTP pre-paid accounts.
- Daily monitoring and resolution of queries while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Achieve targets for high performance such as meet or exceed Service Level Agreements.
- Meet or exceed individual productivity targets.
- Ensure that training and development objectives are met.
- Contribute to the development of the Financial Shared Services culture to attain desired goals which will include efficiency and effectiveness targets.
- Collate and provide information for KPIs.
- Assist in setting performance measurement procedures for processes.
- Work with customer relationship manager, in-country staff, supervisor and Manager to improve processes.
- Country specific tasks relating to assigned entities.
- Cover for other team members as directed by manager.
- Ad hoc duties as directed by manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Accounting Technician or relevant finance/accounting discipline desired.
- 3 or more years’ experience in a Shared Services Centre environment preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounts payable procedures, systems and double entry.
- Working knowledge of Oracle an advantage.
- Proven experience in PTP processes and systems.
- Fluent written and verbal language skills sought.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Proactive, adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to travel as business needs require.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.