Website Ref: TPM03998
An Electrical Engineer is required for a biotech in Dunboyne. The incumbent will support the Engineering Team and the wider business in the start-up Biologics facility in Dunboyne.
- Act as system owner / subject matter expert for Electrical Systems on site.
- Oversight on operation and maintenance of electrical infrastructure
- Oversight on operation and maintenance of life safety systems.
- Management of electrical systems documentation.
- Support electrical integration of facility construction and capital projects.
- Support reliability management strategy for electrical infrastructure.
- Coordinate and execute gap assessments of current processes against relevant corporate Engineering and EHS standards and industry best practices; identify remediation and ongoing improvement actions and drive to completion.
- Act as site system owner / subject matter expert for application of corporate electrical-related engineering and facility design standards to site.
- Develop and implement safe systems of work for work processes involving electrical systems and electrical services in support of the permit to work process – Control of Hazardous Energies, LOTO, safety device bypass, energized electrical work.
- Audit compliance with safe systems of work.
- Develop and maintain electrical engineering aspects of the site Business Continuity Plan, ensuring a highly resilient electrical infrastructure is maintained.
- Identify and implement process and equipment / facility improvements to control business risks.
- Support the Energy and Sustainability programme by identifying and implementing electricity conservation projects.
- Liaise with corporate and Ireland-site colleagues on the application of the relevant EHS and engineering standards; take part in cross-site teams to support standardised application across sites.
- Act as engineering representative on relevant cross functional site projects.
- Provide relevant coaching, training and support to colleagues.
- Lead and support relevant site investigations, identifying root cause and measures to prevent recurrence.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of safety and engineering standards and best practices.
- Experience in executing risk assessments.
- Experience in the management of safe systems of work.
- Understanding of the principles of Business Continuity and the application to a pharmaceutical manufacturing site.
- Experience in investigation and problem solving using structured problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.