Our client is a biopharmaceutical company based in West Dublin looking for an Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Lead to work client side. The E&I Lead works closely with Consultants, the Client Contractors, and their sub-contractors to ensure safe and successful project delivery by overseeing their delivery approach, management, and deliverables during execution (construction/ installation). The E&I Lead ensures compliance with all local requirements and national legislation during execution and is responsible for ensuring that all Electrical instrumentation and calibration elements of the project are delivered to the highest standards. The E&I Lead will also be responsible for ensuring that all associated systems, GMP and non-GMP, conform to relevant regulatory requirements as well as company specifications and requirements including relevant ATEX specifications and directives. This includes design, scope definition, change control and project management. The scope of the role covers all areas of construction and installation on the electrical, instrumentation, mechanical and process equipment Installation, and the delivery of a completed MC (Mechanical Completion) documentation package in a timely manner by responsible parties. The candidate should have demonstrated management experience in QA/QC, Mechanical, Electrical and instrumentation turnover, skilled in Construction, Engineering, large scale pharmaceutical construction methodology and processes with a demonstrated history of working in the construction industry. In addition, the E&I Lead also manages works interfaces and onsite execution including dispute resolution.
- Work alongside and support the Design Team and other project key members in early CPDP stages (Stage 3) to ensure that Stage 4 is planned effectively and set for success.
- To identify the Projects needs for construction support throughout the project life cycle.
- Monitor change with design and construction management partners, client team etc to ensure impact on site is mitigated / minimised.
- Work with the SHE teams and Project Partners in the development of the overall SHE strategy and implementation of the same.
- Provide leadership and management oversight for Contractors and their sub-contractors in the construction/ installation planning, sequencing, coordination and interfaces management. within the extended project delivery team and wider parties (Operations, Facilities Management, Site SHE etc.).
- Ensures that security, materials lay-down areas, project related logistics, housekeeping and waste management is planned and managed effectively by others.
- Support implementation of SHE requirements with Project Construction SHE Manager including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed and use for Reporting and Observation.
- Review RAMS (as required) and offer recommendations and comments where applicable.
- Work with the digital delivery partner ensuring installation matches model, timely reporting of defects and observations are recorded on the shared platform.
- We may utilise other digital enabling tools such as scanning and augmented reality (AR).
- Role includes the timely review of technical submissions and Request for information.
- Oversee and uphold Construction Quality requirements with Contractor(s) to ensure that a robust in process inspection & testing plan is in place.
- Oversee and manage the approval of onsite mock-ups/First of a Kind (FOK) and samples from Contractor(s) with the project key members.
- Oversee the completion and compilation of accurate as-built drawings and Turnover Packages.
- Attend and chair (where necessary) progress meetings with Construction Management Company, Trades, Design Team, and client representative acting as escalation point and decision making within your level of governance.
- Oversee the closeout of CPDP Stage 4 by Contractor(s) with a robust Mechanical Completion (MC) walkdown process which includes critical Inspection & Testing documentation, clearly identified Punch Items that have been correctly categorized and prioritised for closeout by Contractor.
- Supports the Design Team and partners to obtain A0 and A1 signoffs with contractors and vendors.
- Take a leading role (Client Side) of the construction site until TORC handover to the local site operations with H0 and/ or H1 certificate signoff by the key Customer Representative team.
- Act as client system owner for the sites Electrical & Instrumentation infrastructure for the construction, turnover and pre-commissioning phases of the Project.
- Responsible for the project management of site Electrical and Instrumentation energisation planning, system handover to CQV and site electrical shutdowns.
- Comply and support the Calibration Programme and Electrical Safety Management Programme meet all Statutory and Regulatory requirements.
- Be familiar with the Mechanical Completion procedure and Construction scope of work (Walkdown, system acceptance, punch list and follow up) and lead the PSSR (Pre-Start Safety Review).
- Act as the client POC for all ATEX/Intrinsically Safe E&I infrastructure co-ordination and handover activities through the project lifecycle.
- Act as onsite SME support during construction phases of the project.
- Anticipating, solving, or escalating problems across the site wide E&I infrastructure as appropriate.
- Support design and constructability reviews associated with equipment procurement under the E&I trade pack – including all MV/LV/Life Safety
- Systems/Security/Lighting/BMS/MCS cabling and equipment/components.
- Reviewing and approval of changes to operating procedures and the change control process relating to the system.
- Assist in the management of all required external contractors and suppliers for the project team including pre-commissioning activities up to MC & Pre-Start System Review.
- Play an active role in the site energy management program and transfer of utilities to CQV.
- Ensuring that plant and equipment is operating in a compliant manner and that all activities are conducted to meet GMP regulations, site and corporate quality standards and any additional regulatory requirements as required.
- Ensure that all health, safety & environmental requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the responsibilities defined in the company safety & environmental statements.
- Strive for the highest standards in housekeeping and GMP.
- Ensure all Quality Trackwise actions that are assigned are actioned and closed in a satisfactory manner.
- Attend daily morning meeting with the team to ensure alignment with company and production goals and objectives; (Safety, Quality, Schedule Adherence, Cost).
- Act as client point of contact for walkdown of all E&I systems and infrastructure – driving the turnover and completions (right first-time approach to construction).
- Prepare regular reports on the project status including Health Safety and Environmental issue, Quality Assurance, Progress, Risk, and any other matters arising.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering Degree/Trade in Electrical and/or Instrumentation & Control systems.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience working within a GMP environment in a process or equipment engineering role.
- Good understanding of industrial power system wiring i.e. MCC Starters, LV ACBs & switchgear.
- Experience in performing industrial calibrations, Flow, Temperature, Pressure, Level etc.
- Detailed knowledge of instrumentation setup and fault finding.
- Detailed knowledge of ATEX requirements within industrial environments.
- Qualification and working experience in cleanroom technology.
- Relevant working Knowledge of a regulated Industry.
- Relevant industrial project experience.
- Be competent with the following software MS Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint, Powerproject, SharePoint.
- Demonstrable experience in working within common data environments.
- Demonstrable experience in using digital platforms for reviewing and recording quality observations (eg BIM 360, Field, Navisworks etc.).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.