An EHS Specialist is required for a biopharmaceutical company in West Cork. The successful candidate will be a key member of the site EHS team providing support, guidance and expertise to their assigned area. The purpose of the role is to implement, audit and advise on company EHS policy to ensure the safe operation of the vaccines plant and the health and safety of its employees.
- Promotes culture of EHS excellence and provides high-quality safety leadership to assigned operations.
- Addresses risk prevention opportunities.
- Conducts assessments, tracking and directing follow-up activities to correct any non-conformity.
- Creates and maintains databases & records containing pertinent EHS metrics and data.
- Liaise with the assigned area to ensure compliance with EHS Standards and EHS legislative requirements.
- Provide guidance on these standards where required.
- Assess changes which have an EHS impact.
- Engage in walkdowns and reviews to ensure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
- Assist in the timely response to external and internal stakeholder EHS requests and recommendations.
- Provide technical support and advice on new processes and equipment.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others, have strong knowledge of safety programs and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification.
- 5+ years’ EHS experience in an operational environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.