Our client, an innovative organization located in South Dublin, is looking for a Data Analyst. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the group genotyping operations through timely and accurate completion of assigned data analysis projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for interpreting data and analysing results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Clean, transform or model data using appropriate software for analysis and report generation.
- Carry out livestock breed, traceability, parentage and other relationship analysis testing using molecular genotyping data.
- Perform meat DNA traceability using bespoke DNA trace back system.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in the datasets.
- Follow standard operating procedures, to perform quality control review of the data.
- Help form part of the design and implementation of new programs and processes across the business as required.
- Leverage prior analysis and programming experience to locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in code review and program testing for existing and new processes.
- Communicate progress and non-conformities to line management.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhance laboratory and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the role.
- Perform other technical duties appropriate to the role as assigned by the Division Head.
- Report any Health and Safety issues.
- Adhere to ISO 17025 requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters Degree in Biological/Computer science or Engineering.
- Experience in molecular biology.
- Knowledge of statistics and technical expertise in data analysis methodologies.
- Detailed functional knowledge and expertise of data collection methods, data analysis, data integrity, and report preparation.
- Demonstrated knowledge in MS Excel and R / Python programming.
- Experience with dashboard report building (Power BI / Tableau) an advantage
- Familiar with working in a quality assured environment.
- Familiarity with ISO quality systems.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.