The Construction Manager will be a key member of our client’s project management team and will work closely with Consultants, the Client Contractors and their sub-contractors to ensure safe and successful project delivery by overseeing their delivery approach, management and deliverables during execution construction and installation. The CM ensures compliance with all local requirements and national legislation during execution. The scope of the role covers all areas of construction and installation on the project e.g. civil & building construction, mechanical & electrical and process equipment Installation and the delivery of a completed MC (Mechanical Completion) documentation package in a timely manner by responsible parties.
- Work alongside and support project key members in early CPDP stages.
- To develop good relationships with the client / end user along with their prospective advisors.
- To identify the Projects needs for construction support throughout the project life cycle.
- Monitor change with design and construction management partners, client team etc. to ensure impact on site is mitigated / minimised.
- Work with the SHE team and Project Partners in the development of the overall SHE strategy and implementation of the same.
- Provide leadership and management oversight for Contractors and their sub-contractors in the construction/ installation planning, sequencing, coordination and interfaces management within the extended project delivery team and wider parties (Operations, Facilities Management, Site SHE and etc.).
- Ensures that security, materials lay-down areas, project related logistics, housekeeping and waste management is planned and managed effectively by others.
- Support implementation of the Client SHE Requirements with Project Construction SHE Manager including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed and use for Reporting and Observation.
- Review RAMS (as required) and offer recommendations and comments where applicable.
- Work with the digital delivery partner ensuring installation matches model, timely reporting of defects and observations are recorded on the shared platform.
- We may utilise other digital enabling tools such as scanning and augmented reality (AR).
- Review of Technical submissions and Request for information.
- Supporting the Construction Management Contractor with the planning of on site logistics.
- Oversee and uphold Construction Quality requirements with Contractor(s) to ensure that a robust in process inspection & testing plan is in place.
- Oversee and manage the approval of onsite mock-ups and samples from Contractor(s) with the project key members.
- Oversee the completion and compilation of accurate as-built drawings and Turnover Packages.
- Attend and chair (where necessary) progress meetings with Construction Management Company, Trades, Design Team and client representative acting as escalation point and decision making within your level of governance.
- Oversee the closeout of Contractor(s) with a robust Mechanical Completion (MC) walkdown process which includes critical Inspection & Testing documentation, clearly identified Punch Items that have been correctly categorized and prioritised for closeout by Contractor.
- Communicate the Company and Project strategy with the Project SHE and Construction leads to ensure objectives are met and understood.
- Take leading role (Client Side) of the construction site until handover to the local site operations with H0 and/ or H1 certificate signoff by the key Customer Representative team.
- Develops and maintains a construction PDR Board with appointed CM partner of project build sequence and schedule status for team coordination and communication. (Last Planner / TAKT as agreed).
- Prepare regular reports on the project status including Health Safety and Environmental issue, Quality Assurance, Progress, Risk and any other matters arising.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working as a CM ideally client side on large pharma/bio pharma projects.
- Demonstrable experience in working within common data environments.
- Demonstrable experience in using digital platforms for reviewing and recording quality observations (eg BIM 360, Field, Navisworks etc.).
- Be competent with the following software; MS Word, Excel, Teams and Powerpoint, PowerProject, Sharepoint and Zoom.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.