Our client is a biopharmaceutical company based in Cork looking for a Construction Manager. The successful candidate will lead project delivery efforts across the site.
- Hands on attitude and demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to sequence critical activities in planning work for construction phase.
- Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the field execution of project deliverables and that appropriate stage gate controls are in place for all works, coaches project team regarding safety, is involved in any investigations (near miss etc).
- Work closely with CM to develop construction team and to build a high performing team.
- Attends field walk downs as client CM Representative to ensure that appropriate standards are being met with installations.
- Drive initiatives such as Quality Audit Metrics, Right First Time, Modular
- Construction approach and turnover practices.
- Completes early walk downs on systems and works with overall construction team to resolve punch lists based on priorities.
- Drives systems to ensure efficient decision making within the CMT and Client Team.
- For construction acts as an interface with site stakeholders to address and resolve any issues in the interfaces with site and also with any external to site stakeholders.
- Attends and provides inputs to Interactive Pull Planning Workshops with appointed contractors and other stakeholders to plan out construction and energisation activities in a schedule critical project, identifies any constraints and works to remove these and other barriers to achieving overall aims.
- Ensure that Lean Construction Tools and Methodologies are being implemented in the field (Last Planner & Pull Plan Scheduling, Target Value Design and Construction, Integrated Project Safety Team Structure, Right First Time approach).
- Experience with Takt Time Planning for Construction / Commissioning would be advantageous.
- Ensures appropriate stage gate approach in place to ensure rigour in allowing systems pass from Testing, Construction Completion, Energisation, Commissioning.
- Ensure Project Quality Standards are implemented and that documentation requirements met.
- Coordinate the project construction programme, incorporating enabling CSA works, Main CSA Works, cleanroom, Clean & Black Utilities generation/ Distribution, Process Equipment Installation, office and warehouse fit out.
- Attends daily tier meetings / weekly co-ordination meetings regarding construction.
- Reviews and approves any site field instructions and manages commercial contract variations, acts as a delegate for the company Project Manager.
- Completes regular walkthrough of site for safety and checks on progress etc.
- Represents client in commercial negotiations and clarification meetings.
- Manages changes in construction and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed for Quality / Safety / Cost or schedule impacts.
- Manages the design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, company personnel, outside contractors and vendors.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years+ of relevant experience in capital projects preferably in Pharm/Bio Pharm.
- Third level degree in an engineering discipline and/or a PMP in Project Management.
- Proven level of experience in delivering significant capital projects within the pharmaceutical sector > €100MM.
- Knowledge of clean room installation essential.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
- Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working with Lean Construction Tools and Methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in projects.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.