A global healthcare company based in Waterford is seeking an Automation Engineer to join it’s team. The successful candidate will monitor the quality and efficiency performance of assigned product lines and provides support in driving continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Process Characterisation / Optimisation (DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s DOE’s etc.).
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support production line ramp to achieve mature production targets.
- Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing additive manufacturing processes.
- Monitors the additive manufacturing process; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues.
- Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and process as required.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Manage assigned project budgets; liaise with Customers, contractors as required.
- Support technical training.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honours Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (high volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience).
- Travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer sites.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Lean Six Sigma skills an advantage.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project.
- CAD experience desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.