Website Ref: TPM03914
A Pharmaceutical company in South Tipperary is looking for an Automation Engineer to join their Automation & PI/MES team reporting, to the Site Manufacturing Systems Lead. The incumbent will be specifically responsible for both project support and fault-finding / support of production upsets in shop floor systems. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Operating Areas, Automation and IT team, vendors and above site support CoEs. For this role, hybrid working arrangement would be possible but ability to attend site at short notice would be required.
- Develop and/or review SDLC deliverables, compliant with company standards: Requirements Specifications, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Functional Specifications, Design Specifications, Test specifications/test scripts.
- Work closely with MES and PI Historian vendors & SMEs to ensure deliverables meet project requirements, including the interfacing of Automation equipment
- Liaise with above-site CoE support teams for key shop floor applications
- Work closely with the Quality and CSV functions and ensure their requirements are met in all deliverables.
- Follow project schedules and document trackers to assist in the management and control of project deliverables.
- Management of configuration changes and introduction of new components on MES / OSISoft PI shop floor system.
- Provide day to day support to Operating Areas for key shop floor systems MES and OSISoft PI, including any relevant shop floor hardware.
- Ensure adherence with standards, following business processes in the execution and support of OSISoft PI and MES.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure clear communication between all parties.
- Ensure compliance with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree Qualification ideally in a related Automation, Engineering, Computer or other Technical Discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge/experience of: PAS-X MES or other MES system, OSI PI Data Historian, Asset Framework/Event Frames and PI interface technologies.
- RT Reports, SCADA applications Kepware, FactoryTalk preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of DCS, BAS systems preferred but not required.
- Shop Floor Hardware configuration – Label Printers, Scanners, Tablets.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of the following Microsoft tools: Excel, SharePoint, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.