An Automation Engineer is required for a biopharmaceutical company in South Dublin.
- The candidate will provide support for existing automation systems and will be involved in the implementation of new automation systems.
- Define scope and implement small to medium projects.
- Work with the operations team to identify opportunities to improve process and utility control systems (usability, reliability, functionality).
- Implement improvements to process and utility control systems in a safe and compliant manner.
- Provide support for all process and utility control systems.
- Perform required maintenance tasks on process and utility control systems including preventative maintenance, backup, periodic review and disaster recovery.
- Develop procedures to manage process and utility control systems.
- Coach operations team in the efficient use of process and utility control systems.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Education requirements are a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or the Life Sciences.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience implementing and supporting automation systems for manufacturing organizations in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience in the delivery and management of Automation systems in addition to a working knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 industry standards.
- Experience with Siemens S7 and Proficy iFix is required.
- Experience with Proficy iHistorian, Wonderware Intouch, Rockwell Automation Contrologix is advantageous.
- Experience working in aseptic manufacturing with filling systems and freeze dryers is highly desirable.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.