As part of the Tandem Project Management EHS & Wellness Initiative Mary Carmody of Mary Carmody Nutrition came to Tandem head office to give a nutrition talk and demo. Tandem personnel were treated to an interactive presentation covering the importance of nutrition in our overall health and wellbeing. There were sample smoothies, snacks and plenty of practical, easy tips on how to make nutritious, healthy food and snacks that work well in our busy modern lives. Mary also had her Tanita scales (as seen on Operation Transformation) and offered individual confidential consultations to all Tandem personnel.
Tandem strives to promote the importance of health & wellbeing both at work and in the daily lives of its personnel. Thank to you to Mary and Tandem personnel for participating in the latest EHS & Wellness event.
“Part L 2017 Conservation of Fuel and Energy for Buildings other than Dwellings”
10 years on from the last Building Regulations Part L issue, new legislation has passed and became effective in January 2019 for new, existing, renovated and altered buildings.
The main aspects of the Technical Guidance Document are as follows:
- There is a considerable tightening of the requirements for Clients, Designers, Project Managers and Contractors.
- By December 2020 all newly occupied building will be a Near Zero-Energy Building.
- It will need to be considered in terms of budget, programme, building layout, planning compliance, occupancy and construction compliance.
- The energy improvement over the 2008 edition is an uplift of 40-60%.
- The main standout constraint is that 20% of qualifying buildings energy must come from a renewable source.
- Major Renovation over 25% envelope now carry considerable requirements.
- Thermal Bridging now must be accurately calculated.
- Equipment now have defined performance criteria including heating and cooling plant, motors, controls & lighting.
- This legislation and technical guide includes the Energy Performance Buildings Directive, Nearly Zero-Energy Buildings & EcoDesign Regulations.
A new or renovated building must pass analysis for planning permission and Tandem Project Management are experienced and prepared to deliver in accordance with the latest legislation.
Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer – Parchment Presentation
We were delighted to welcome Caroline Spillane Director General of Engineers Ireland, to our offices last week to present us with our award parchment for the prestigious CPD Accredited Employer Standard.
This accreditation is an acknowledgement of Tandem’s dedication to the continuing professional development of our personnel. We are fully committed to further developing our CPD programme in collaboration with Engineers Ireland and our growing team here at Tandem Project Management Ltd.
If you would like to be part of a dynamic company that actively encourages personal and professional development, please click here to view our current vacancies.
Following the success of our 2017 Undergraduate Program, we are delighted to partner with the School of Engineering in University College Cork and the School of Engineering and Science in Cork Institute of Technology to announce our 2018 Undergraduate Program. The view of our Undergraduate program is to develop undergraduates through structured work experience over a number of months.
This year, third year students Eimear Duggan (Process), Eoin McCarthy (Mechanical), Gary O’Leary (Process), Shane O’Connor (Electrical) have joined us on work placement.
We would like to thank these undergraduates for their positive contributions to the team to date and we hope to see them entering our Graduate Programme in the coming years.
Tandem recently sponsored the UCD Engineers without Borders ‘Who wants to be a Thousandaire’ event on Monday 10th April. The event was organised by UCD students to fund an upcoming trip to Zambia with Habitat for Humanity.
The students will aim to construct 2 complete houses in 2 weeks for an impoverished community in Ndola, Zambia. We wish the students all the very best with their project.