‘Team Up for Safety’
Tandem’s ‘Team Up for Safety’ Initiative has been developed to encourage a safe, collaborative working environment on our construction sites where all personnel are encouraged to engage in continually improving our approach to Safety Management.
The key components of ‘Team Up for Safety’ are:
- Integrated, multi-disciplined ‘Safety Action Team’
- Worker engagement in site walkdowns
- 100% tracking of Safety Observations to closure
- Buddy system for new starts on site
- ‘Safety Days’ to celebrate project achievements and give focus to worker health and wellbeing
- ‘Take 5’ system for workers to assess all activities before commencing and after each break
Tandem Project Management is proud to have partnered with the CIF for Construction Safety Week 2018 and is delighted to have been actively involved in promoting industry best standards. The objective of Safety Week was to continue to highlight the issues of health and safety in the Irish construction industry and to drive continual improvement.
We ran a series of events across our construction sites to mark CIF Construction Safety Week. The events included Tandem toolbox talks on CIF’s daily safety topics and an interactive ‘Safety in Numbers’ workshop. The aim of this workshop is to challenge attendees to think about how they view health and safety in the workplace and re-evaluate its importance from the individual and team perspective. Attendees were presented with a certificate on completion of the workshop. We also shared the daily topic posters across sites and on our social media platforms to raise awareness and promote Construction Safety Week to our employees and followers.